Girl Scouts is about sharing the fun, friendship and power of girls and women together. Any girl—from kindergarten through 12th grade—can join Girl Scouts. Girl Scout volunteers are also a diverse group—you may be a college volunteer working on a community-action project, a parent volunteer ready for an outdoor adventure with your daughter’s group, or any responsible adult (female or male, who has passed the necessary screening process) looking to make a difference in a girl’s life.
All members whether girls or adults, share a commitment to the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Each member also agrees to follow safety guidelines and pay the annual membership dues of $15 (or purchase a lifetime membership for $375).
Girls at Every Grade Level
After girls join, they team up in the following grade levels:
Girl Scout Daisy, grades K–1
Girl Scout Brownie, grades 2–3
Girl Scout Junior, grades 4–5
Girl Scout Cadette, grades 6–8
Girl Scout Senior, grades 9–10
Girl Scout Ambassador, grades 11–12
Register as a Member through the online link on the website
To register as a Girl Scout member, please use the online registration system. Once you have created a login and logged into this site you will be able to:
- Renew your annual membership or become a new member for the first time
- Update your account information, including your contact information and address
- Register for girl program and adult learning opportunities and events
- Purchase a lifetime membership and make a lifelong commitment to Girl Scouts
If you are a troop leader, you can:
- Manage troop communication
- See all registrations and activities for your entire troop
- See all troop orders placed online
- Have access to an easy to use page to update troop meeting information
Parents have online access too, to:
- Manage the whole family with a single log-in
- See the registrations and activities of their whole family
- Manage new registrations and renewals for family members
Flexible Ways to Participate - Girl Scout Pathways
Across the country, the Girl Scout community is hard at work on a whole new approach to make sure that everyone can participate in Girl Scouting in the ways they want to. As a volunteer, you can choose from flexible ways to participate that offer the freedom to tailor your level of involvement to fit your schedule and lifestyle. You can also volunteer behind the scenes, in your council office, instead of volunteering directly with girls.
Girls can choose any one, all, or some of the options—camp, events, series, troop, travel, and virtual*— within a single membership year. (*Note that virtual is still in development.) Volunteers have the option of partnering with girls throughout a membership year or committing to an opportunity for only a few weeks or months. Based on independent research and extensive surveys with thousands of council staff members from around the country, we have a good sense of which options will interest girls, based on their grade levels.