Thank you for your commitment to providing support to Girl Scout volunteers in order to ensure that the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
is effectively delivered to meet the needs and interests of girls and to support girls’ growth toward the council goals. You are a key resource to Girl Scout volunteers in your service unit, supporting them in addressing girl related issues and facilitating networking and enrichment opportunities.
As a program consultant; you will:
- Support new leaders by being or providing a mentor through a leader’s first year in Girl Scouting.
- Attend service unit meetings to build relationships with new and returning leaders, review Take the Lead and other roundtable materials, and promote upcoming program opportunities.
- Support the service unit through on-going education (called buzz sessions or workshops) helping all volunteers better understand the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and the three program processes: Girl-Led, Learning by Doing and Cooperative Learning.
- Build relationships within the community that will benefit the girls in your service unit.
- Work with your service unit team to assure clear and timely communication is happening.
The following resources will help you in the support of leaders and the service unit: