A Parent/Guardian’s Role
You and your daughter can become partners in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Your involvement and support will help shape your daughter's experience. She will see your commitment to her growth and before you know it, you'll be growing too.
Be supportive of your daughter’s Girl Scout experience:
- Ensure your daughter arrives and is picked up on time for all group activities.
- Ask your daughter about her Girl Scout activities and really listen to what she has to say.
- Support your daughter's leader through volunteer recognition. Appreciate and recognize the time, talent and skills she or he shares with the troop/group.
- Contribute to our Family Partnership Campaign to support girl programs, training and resources for leaders, and financial assistance.
- Check out the 2011-2012 Parent’s Guide to Girl Scouting. Learn more about the benefits of Girl Scouting and what is happening at Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.
Be an active participant in your daughter’s Girl Scout experience:
- Share any special skills or resources you have with your daughter’s leader so you can share them with the girls in your daughter’s group.
- Speak with your daughter’s leader about registering as an adult helper.
- Volunteer! Your participation can be tailored not only to meet your interests but your schedule as well. There are many ways you as an adult family member can be involved- with your daughter’s troop or on the community or council level. Check out all of the volunteer opportunities available!