On more than 315 wooded acres, Camp Stonybrook is nestled among the farmlands and forests of Waynesville, Ohio. In each session, approximately 150 campers grades two and up, participate in a variety of activities. A low challenge course offers campers a fun and creative way to work on team building and communication. Camp Stonybrook is located 45 miles north of downtown Cincinnati and 26 miles south of Dayton (only about 45 minutes away).
Grades 2 and up
Stonybrook Troop Adventure Camp (TAC)
TAC is a progressive camping experience where troops choose their activities and adventures at Camp Stonybrook. Whether this is your first troop camp experience or you’ve been doing this for years, TAC is right for you. Enjoy making crafts, hiking, swimming, creeking, outdoor living skills, building teamwork at our low challenge
course (fourth grade and above), or working on badge or Girl Scout Journey activities. If you’ve been to TAC a few times, try an adventure trip to enhance your session.
Dates: (see chart above)
Housing: Tent or Building (Girl Scout Brownies have building priority)
Cost: $100 per participant
Off-Site Adventure Trips
Have you been to Stonybrook several times? Do you have a lot of camping experience? If so, think about enhancing your TAC experience with one of these trip options. Additional information will be available in the confirmation packet.
- Caesar’s Creek State Park (www.ohiodnr.com/parks): Explore the park, including hiking, fishing, picnicking, beach swimming, fossil hunting, naturalists and pioneer village (free).
- Wright Patterson Air Force Museum (www.wpafb.af.mil/museum): Spend a day enjoying the oldest and largest free military aviation museum in the world plus an awesome IMax movie theater.
- Rivers Edge Canoeing (www.riversedgeoutfitters.com): Take a canoeing trip on the Scenic Little Miami River ($10 per participant–fee includes transportation to and from camp).
- Ozone Zipline Canopy Tour (www.campkern.org): Spend up to two and a half hours zipping through the canopy at Camp Kern ($65/person).
- Fort Ancient (http://fortancient.org): Explore the ancient mounds near the Little Miami River ($8 to park , $5 each to visit the museum).