Girl Scouts of Western Ohio believes in the power of volunteers because they are an integral part of the Girl Scout organization. We are always looking for individuals with a wide range of talents and expertise to volunteer at camp. Short-term volunteers can be used during check-in and check-out day for numerous tasks. Longer-term volunteers are frequently needed for a full week at camp. These positions vary from camp to camp, but include positions as unit assistants, travel chaperones and special program presenters.
Camp nurses are vital to our summer camp operation. If you are currently an RN or have a medical background, we need you! Join us for a wonderful week or more where your skills make the difference for many girls attending camp.
Volunteers must be 18 years old or older and complete the following requirements:
- Interview with the camp director.
- Review all written materials before camp.
- Attend a one day mandatory volunteer training.
Incentive Program for Camp Volunteers
- 1–5 hours: Free camp T-shirt
- 5+ hours: 1 % off camp fee for every hour volunteered (up to 100%, not to exceed $350 per session volunteered), less the $30 deposit
- Full Week: Free camp registration (up to $350 per session volunteered), less the $30 deposit