See Site Users Handbook for complete troop camping policies and procedures. You may also request a copy of the Handbook for Site Users from the Girl Scout Center.
COUNCIL POLICIES FOR USE OF CAMP PROPERTIES
- No alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are permitted.
- The use of tobacco products where girls are present is not permitted.
- No smoking in any council buildings. No smoking on camp trails or bathrooms/latrines.
- Individuals or groups responsible for unusual or malicious damage to property or facilities are liable for making restitution.
- Motorized off-road vehicles, firearms, and fireworks are not permitted.
- No pets allowed in camp.
- Girl Scouts of Western Ohio assumes no responsibility for property brought to camp.
- Volunteer Essentials is the source for Girl Scout activity standards.
Each group is accompanied by at least two adults. The girl-to-leader ratio can be found in Volunteer Essentials, Chapter 4.
A certified First-Aider is present.
A vehicle is available for emergency transportation if necessary.
The troop leader is responsible for making sure all Safety Checkpoints and standards are being met for all activities.
MEN IN CAMP
Men are welcome to camp at Girl Scouts Western Ohio sites. However, the following guidelines need to be followed:
- Men do not sleep in the same tent or room with the girls.
- Latrine/restroom arrangements must be made. Please see ranger/site manager at check-in time.
- Men should be introduced to the ranger/site manager and people in nearby units.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Bring your own first aid equipment.
- Practice emergency evacuation drills and routes upon arrival at your campsite.
- Adults are not permitted to smoke in front of girls. Smoking is permitted in fire circles when girls are not present.
- Emergency phones are available in each camp.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS, OTHER ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, FIREWORKS OR FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED.
- Campers or adults who are found with these items will be asked to leave the camp