What is the Fall Product Sale?
The fall product sale is a friends and family sale that helps your troop earn start up money, but also helps support your council. Money from the Fall Product Sale helps the council:
- Recruit and train volunteer adults to work with girls.
- Provide the financial assistance needed to make Girl Scouting available for all girls.
- Improve and maintain camp and other activity sites.
- Keep event/camp fees for all members to a minimum.
- Sponsor special events and projects.
Learning Life Skills
Through the Fall Product Sale, Girl Scouts have fun while developing five essential life skills:
- Goal setting
- Decision making
- Money management
- People skills
- Business ethics
During the Fall Product Sale, girls are members of a team working toward a common goal, with each girl striving to do her best. Every local troop/group is encouraged to set realistic goals, such as planning field trips and community service projects, to accomplish during the year. The money earned from the Fall Product Sale helps the troop/group achieve its goals.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is happy to announce that the Trophy Nut Company will be our fall product vendor offering 12 of your favorite nut and candy items.
Order taking for the fall product sale begins on October 10, 2014, for the Toledo, Lima and Dayton regions and on October 22, 2014, for the Cincinnati region.
Make sure your troop is registered and eligible by September 30, 2014, in order to participate. All girls and troops must be registered to participate.
The fall product sale has been simplified offering troops an easy way to deliver a program that will encourage their girls to set goals, plan for the new membership year and earn funds for their troop treasury. Magazines have been removed from the sale and girls have two ways they can participate; traditional order card and NEW Me2 online store front.
Cookie Bonus tied to participation in the Fall Product Sale!
Criteria for earning an additional $.05 per package sold in the 2015 Girl Scout Cookie Program:
- Register two eligible adults and five girls through early bird registration
- Participate in the fall product sale
Ways to participate:
Nuts and Candy
Nut Order Card—Girls do not collect money for these orders until they deliver to their customers.
- Care to Share – customers can choose to make a $5 donation and GSWO will donate nut and candy items to local food banks
Me2 (An online nut and candy storefront for the girls)
- Girls send emails to family and friends. Family and friends go to Me2 website to order using a secure “link”.
- Customers can choose to pay for products and shipping online. Products are shipped directly to customers. Customers view all that Trophy Nut Co. has to offer
- Customers can view the products on the girls order card and select girl delivery. Customer does not pay online, they pay when product is delivered.
- Me2 orders automatically upload into Trophy Nut Ordering System (TNOS) for troop manager.
- Orders count toward girl recognitions and troop proceeds (when ordered by deadline).